The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER, Ukraine) and Liberté! Foundation cordially invite you to the public discussion «Ukraine’s EU Integration in wartime».
The year 2022 was a turning point in Ukraine’s relations with the EU. In June, Ukraine received the status of a candidate country. This decision gave the country hope for a better future and created a clear reform agenda. It also gave new meaning to the Association Agreement’s implementation because the economic integration with the EU, which is the goal of the Agreement, can help avoid the “candidate trap” in which the Balkans fell.
While awaiting the EU’s preliminary evaluation of Ukraine’s progress in implementing political criteria, we want to summarize the results of the economic integration of Ukraine and the EU in 2022 and discuss new challenges. The tentative list of questions for the discussion includes:
- How Ukraine copes with the challenges of EU integration in the wartime
- Ukraine’s European integration breakthroughs of 2022
- The elements of European integration most challenged by the war
- Does the Association Agreement provide a sufficient foundation for the accession talks?
- What Ukraine’s accession means for other EU members
The event is based on the results of the sectoral integration study conducted by the Institute for Economic Research and Political Consultations in partnership with RAC “Society and Environment” and DiXi Group with the financial support of the International Renaissance Foundation, Ukraine.
The event will take place online on Zoom on May 24, 2023, from 15:00 to 16:00 CET. A copy of the presentation and the link to the Zoom will be provided to registered participants via e-mail.
Register online: https://forms.gle/FAijyPM5uuhjWnTk9
Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Victoria Zhovtenko (IER), Please do not forget to provide your e-mail address. We will use it to send you a copy of the presentation before the event and give you the link to Zoom
“Ukraine’s EU Integration in Wartime”
Date: May 24, 2023, 3 pm – 4:30 pm CEST
Location: Online Zoom / YouTube
MODERATOR: Dr Magdalena M. Baran, Managing Editor of Liberte monthly, Fundacja Liberté!
15:00 – 15:15 WELCOMING REMARKS
- Dr Magdalena M. Baran, Managing Editor of Liberte monthly, Fundacja
- Olga Kvashuk, Europe and the World; Program Manager, IRF Ukraine
15:15 – 15:45 PRESENTATION «Integration within the Association and Beyond»:
- How the Association Agreement and accession talks are interrelated,
- Ukraine’s European integration of war-ridden 2022,
- Prospective sectors for fast-track integration..
- Veronika Movchan, Research Director, IER
- Iryna Kosse, Leading Research Fellow, IER
15:45 – 16:10 OPEN DISCUSSION
16:10 – 16:15 CONCLUDING REMARKS
Dr Magdalena M. Baran, Managing Editor of Liberte monthly at Fundacja
The event is funded by the International Renaissance Foundation (IRF)
Economic Situation in Turkey on Eve of Elections [PODCAST]
Despite War Ukraine’s Customs Made Good Step Toward European Family