The border region of Saxony-Czechia-Poland is a treasure chest of a rich cultural heritage and beautiful landscapes. Yet, infrastructural problems and the fringe position of the border triangle within the three countries have so far made it impossible for the region to fully utilize its potential. What can be done to boost tourism in the region?
10:00 – 10:05 Welcome
10:05 – 11:00 Discussion: “Tourism: The Future of the Region?”
- Ondřej Kovařík, MEP, Member of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs, Substitute Member of the Committee on Transport and Tourism (CZ)
- Manfred Böhme, Director of the State Tourism Association of Saxony (LTV) (DE)
- Jakub Feiga, Director, Lower Silesian Tourist Organization (DOT) (PL)
- Moderation: Jenny Joy Schumann, Programme Manager, Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (D)
11:00 End of the event
The discussion is organized by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom in cooperation with the Wilhelm Külz Foundation and the University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Görlitz.
Information on Participation
- Venue: virtual event
- Registration at: https://shop.freiheit.org/#!/Veranstaltung/3fjvn
- The event is free of charge.
- Registration is necessary. You will receive the link to the event after registration.
- The conditions for participation can be found at freiheit.org/teilnahmebedingungen.
- The simultaneous English-German translation will be provided.